Chinese Stir Fry
🥦🥕 Get our fresh vegetables and whip up a healthy vegetable dish this long weekend:
1. 1 small head broccoli , cut into bite-size florets
2. 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
3. 2 cloves garlic , minced
4. 2 teaspoons minced ginger
5. 1/2 white onion , sliced
6. 2 carrots , sliced
7. 113g mushrooms, sliced
8. 227g can bamboo shoots, drained
9. 1 cup snow peas
1. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
2. 1/4 teaspoon of salt
3. 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
4. 2 teaspoons cornstarch
5. 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl
2. Add 1/4 cup water into a large nonstick skillet (or a wok) and heat over medium high heat, until water is boiling.
3. Spread the broccoli in the skillet and cover it. Let cook until it just starts to get tender, 1 minute or so. Transfer broccoli to a plate. Wipe the remaining water with a few paper towels held in a pair of tongs.
4. Add the oil and turn to high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir a few times to release the fragrance.
Add the onion, carrot, bamboo shoots and mushroom. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until the veggies just start to turn tender but are still crisp.
5. Add back the cooked broccoli.
6. Stir the sauce again to dissolve the cornstarch completely. Pour sauce into pan. Quickly stir a few times to mix well.
7. Remove pan from stove and carefully taste the vegetables. To adjust seasoning, add a pinch of salt and stir to mix well again, if needed.
#meatyousoon #vegetables #fresh